Want to advertise on this website? Create your advert now.

National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux offers these useful fact sheets, covering issues such as employment, housing and taxation
See where your nearest CAB is. National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux site. Free advice on all subjects. Click on to get advice on several social policy areas.
Local Consumer organisations with contact details and location maps.

591 Heathway, Dagenham RM9 5AZ, UK – 07941 943916

Very helpful therapist service. Offering low cost anger management which is so hard to access normally.

HTW Counselling Services

Langdale Cl, Dagenham RM8 1XY, UK – 07947 466256

Very caring and understanding most of all you actually feel that you are being listened too.

Harman House Counselling Centre

Harman House, 341 Valence Ave, Dagenham RM8 3RA, UK – 020 8597 7686

Anyone that needs counsellingfor whatever reason this is a the place to go I'd recommend this place to anyone ,I've had mental health issues since I was 17 ,I'm 52 now & still have problems, my Drs Surgery recommended them the 1st time, but you dont need a Drs referral ,they are in yellow pages ,so you can sort it your self . They are charity based So therefore they make a small charge of £10 ,they work with you for about 20 weeks , maybe 24/25 weeks, it actually depends on each individual. But I can say I've had numerous hospital admissions two on a section, I've been with at least two mental healthcare services in different areas,for most of my life and even though it was free due to Mental Health Authority, I've had two lots of sessions and I've got to say it's been the best £10 I spent ever and if I had more cash available I would donate or give them more coz I can tell you now that they hsve given me my self esteem,confidence,peace of mind ,but please whatever your problems I've these people a go ,you could give them a go,COZ the way I see it what have you got to lose in the end & in some incidents the local mental health Services suggests you use them sometimes. I HONESTLY THINK PEOPLE WILL BE SURPTISED IF YHRY GAVR THEM A GO . BEST TENNER IVR PAID ANYONE FOR A VERY LONG TIME. P.S ,YOU CAN RING FOR TOP UPS (APPTS ) IF YOU FEEL YOU FEEL YOU AREGETTING UNWELL AGAIN. JUST TRY THEM ,IT WILL BE THE BEST DECISION YOU MAKE ,THSNKS FOR READING. JANE LAWN MY COUNSELLOR IS CALLED MEG !!

The National Careers Service is a Government run service and so totally neutral. It has recently be redesigned and so well worth a look. They cover:
  • CVs
  • Skills health check reports
  • action plans
  • course searches
Job profiles - Find out what a job involves and if it's right for you.

Skills health check - to find out what kind of jobs could suit you.

Find a course - Find a courses and learning providers

Help you to get a job
  • Get advice on the different stages of a job hunt
  • How to improve your interview technique
  • Write an effective CV.
They can even help you to search for your first job, get back into work or change career direction.
Click for more careers information. This takes you to our whole careers section where you can actually get a job and put your CV online.
Find your nearest Jobcentre plus loads of other stuff. Boring but it is all there!
Local disability and special needs services with contact details and location maps.
Disabled Person's Tax Credit
Telephone helpline 0845 605 5858
Textphone 0845 608 8844 or click the Disability Rights link below
Child Maintenance Service (The Child Support Agency is part of the Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission. Its role is to make sure that parents who live apart from their children contribute financially to their upkeep by paying child maintenance.
You may not always have family service nearby but these are your nearest sexual health and family planning centres serving Dagenham
National Council for One Parent Families in England and Wales
Support for one parent families in Scotland. Runs the National Lone Parent Helpline for advice and help. Freephone 0808 801 0323
Local social services and Welfare Organisations serving the area around Dagenham and Essex
HMRC Website - another 'snappy' government site with everything there if you can keep at it!